User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

6 minutes walk from the hotel

The bridge was built by the Czech engineer LI Masek in 1897-1900 years. It is noteworthy that Starovoolzhsky bridge is now popularly called the Old and Novovolzhsky - new, despite the fact that it Starovolzhsky bridge after its opening was called "new" - and "old" was called a pontoon bridge, which was located downstream of the Volga.

The circuit Starovolzhskogo bridge resembles the outline of chain suspension bridges, light and elegant. Earlier on the bridge adorned with beautifully executed, art casting lights, which are subsequently decorated the Theater Square of the city.

During the occupation of the bridge was blown up by the Nazis - but it was restored just a few months after release. In 1982-1985 gg. It has been a lot of work on the reconstruction of the bridge, but the external shape structures preserved in its present form. Car traffic on the bridge is designed for 2 lanes.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

7 minutes walk from the hotel

The Cathedral Church of the Ascension in Tver, a member of the Bishops' farmstead, located in the heart of the city. This is one of the most famous temples of the Tver region, now it is Our Lady of Tikhvin icon and "Fat Mountain." The original icons were lost, it novopisannye icons, but no less respected parishioners.

The church was built in 1749-1760 years in the stone. And earlier this place was a wooden church of the Assumption, which in 1747 was burned by fire. In the XVIII century, two of the Tver merchant - IF Tatarintcev and FN Beavers have allocated funds for the redevelopment of the church. It was rebuilt by the architect IF Lviv. The style of architecture of the temple - late classicism.

Like many churches, the church was closed after the revolution in the thirties and has been used as a warehouse. Then the temple given to the museum, and in the seventies he made from the exhibition hall. 1993 - the year of the return of the temple Orthodox Diocese. Now the temple acts.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

2 minutes walk from the hotel

Tver State Circus - a great concert hall in the city of Tver, which are like a circus and other entertainment shows. The Circus is located in the central square of the city and enjoys great popularity.

The modern building of the Tver State Circus was built back in 1971 by the architect A. Segal. The main hall of the circus came out very spacious - the height of the dome is eighteen meters and an auditorium to intervene more than 1,700 people. Circus is equipped with the most modern sound and lighting equipment, can host concerts of the highest class. Along with the circus troupe, the circus sometimes act stars of Russian pop music ensembles and other artists.

In general, the Tver State Circus - a great entertainment and a center of cultural life of Tver.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

34 minutes walk from the hotel

Orthodox Resurrection Cathedral is on Barricadnaya street in the proletarian district of Tver. It operates when Hristorozhdestvensom monastery. Refers to the Tver Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Its construction was started in 1913 and lasted for three years, by the famous St. Petersburg engineer Omelyustogo NP Most of the funds for the construction of the Cathedral were donated by the royal family.

In 1936, the cathedral was closed, and only after 52 years, he was again returned to Tver diocese. In 1992, it was consecrated again.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

10 minutes on foot from the hotel

Church of St. Michael of Tver was built in 2002 in honor of the Grand Duke of All Russia, the prince of Tver and Vladimir. The church is located in the center of Tver, on the island of memory (at the confluence of the Volga River Tmaka). It was consecrated by the Archbishop of Tver and Kashin Victor October 6, 2002.

The place was chosen very picturesque - there, where the river meanders Tmaka bizarre forms before to join the Volga. Temple built by the architects of the Tver Valery Kurochkin and Andrew Barkovsky. The structure styled ancient Russian architecture of Vladimir-Suzdal style.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

18 minutes on foot from the hotel

The building of the River station in 1938, built in the style of Stalin's neoclassicism, is the main attraction of modern Tver. Before a monastery Otroch, which now resembles the Assumption Cathedral miraculously survived.

At the center of the building there is a two-story rotunda, surrounded by columns and topped with a belvedere, on which stands the steeple. Previously housed in the Belvedere Restaurant, the steeple was a beacon. On the ground floor of the rotunda was a large hall, the second floor was occupied by waiting rooms and lounges. The side wings were reserved for office space. The station can simultaneously accept up to 550 people.

Since 1997, the building of the Tver River Station received the status of a monument of architecture, as intended, it is not used for a long time.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

2 minutes walk from the hotel

Sovetskaya street in the city of Tver is located in the city center. This is the main street of the city. Previously, it was called Catherine and millions. Street runs parallel to the Volga River, which divides the city into two parts. Streets are lined with buildings of historical and artistic value.

It Catherine II took the biggest part in the building of Tver in the XVIII century. She signed a master plan for construction in the city, which used elements of beam arrangement of streets, characteristic of St. Petersburg, Versailles and Rome. And one of the first streets and was built Sovetskaya.

houses on the street are close to each other in a strict order. It was one of the first requirements of Catherine. One theory why the street was called Million, is that the queen herself has allocated from the treasury million for the construction of the street. Although the name of the millionth street got after Catherine's death under Emperor Paul. And in 1919 it was renamed to the Soviet. The length of the 2.2 kilometer street.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

12 minutes on foot from the hotel

The Soviet area & ndash; the main square is the central area of ​​the city of Tver. It is the focal point of urban planning of the XVIII century. By government decree, issued in 1773, Tver was built on the architectural plan, led by Moscow architect PR Nikitin.

The main axis of Plan & ndash; the road from Moscow to St. Petersburg, which & laquo; threaded & raquo; Five areas. The peak of the composition has a modern Soviet area, from which a fan disperse street. Form Square - semicircular, hence the name, which she received in the XVIII century - semicircular. Earlier, I called the Postal, located here on the post home.

At the center of the square is the Arc de Triomphe, which emphasized the solemnity of the main entrance to the city. But at the beginning of the XIX century on the orders of Paul I, the arch was dismantled. Architecture Landmarks Soviet area Tver & ndash; A former Provincial of the earth council, Drinking House. Post home theater & laquo; Vulcan & raquo; - Decorated in the typical style of the transition from baroque to classicism.

The bronze monument to Mikhail Yaroslavich Tversky, established in May 2008, is a true decoration of the square. Grand Prince of Tver & ndash; the heavenly protector of the city.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

8 minutes walk from the hotel

Trekhsvyatskoye street - one of the oldest streets in the city, was created in 1763 after the plan of a large fire almost completely destroyed the center of Tiberias. Many of the buildings that are there are historical and architectural monuments. From 1919 to 1991. Street Trekhsvyatskoye called Uritsky Street in honor of MS Uritsky (1873-1918), a prominent figure in the Communist Party, and then it was returned to the historical name.

Now fully pedestrianized street, it is located on a lot of cafes and restaurants made the improvement.

Trekhsvyatskoye Street - a popular place for walking residents and guests of Tver.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

8 minutes walking distance from the hotel

The building of the administration of the city of Tver - an ancient two-storey stone building, which was built in the second half of the XVIII century.

The building of the administration of the city of Tver is located on Sovetskaya Street, in the north-western edge of the Lenin Square. It was built in 1783 for the provincial government and the breech chamber (& laquo; presences places & raquo;), in 1860 & mdash; 1862 years, it served as vice governor of M.E.Saltykov-Shchedrin, to commemorate that in 1996 the building of a memorial plaque.

After the events of 1917, the building was placed Tver city council, and from the 1990s, it is in the city administration. The building is an architectural monument of federal significance.

View on map