User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

6 minutes walk from the hotel

On the waterfront there are many cafes and bars in the open air. There is also an amusement park with a Ferris wheel indispensable. Near the coast is a monument to AS Pushkin is popular among locals and visitors. Also on the waterfront Pushkin monuments Kalinin, just on the site Spasso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral, and Prince Michael of Tver. In the park, on the waterfront are two old buildings: The building of the former secondary school, which is now a museum and travel Imperial Palace.

Here are located the following attractions: River Station, Temple of Ascension, Assumption Cathedral Otroch monastery, a monument to Afanasy Nikitin and others.

View on map

 

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

12 minutes on foot from the hotel

The monument to Mikhail Tverskoy was opened on 23 May 2008 in Sovetskaya Square & nbsp; the city of Tver. The ceremony took place in the framework of passing are all-Russian celebrations of the Day of Slavic Literature and Culture, which is celebrated on May 24th.
The author of the composition is a People's Artist of Russia Andrey Kovalchuk. The monument is made of bronze and mounted on a pedestal of light gray granite. The composition is a Grand Duke, sitting on horseback. The height of the monument is 8.5 meters. On the pedestal is depicted as a belt ornament Slavic Orthodox subjects and bronze shield as a symbol of protection of the Tver and the whole Russian land. Prince gesture can be interpreted in different ways. It simultaneously read a farewell greeting and blessing.

View on map

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

6 minutes walk from the hotel

The bridge was built by the Czech engineer LI Masek in 1897-1900 years. It is noteworthy that Starovoolzhsky bridge is now popularly called the Old and Novovolzhsky - new, despite the fact that it Starovolzhsky bridge after its opening was called "new" - and "old" was called a pontoon bridge, which was located downstream of the Volga.

The circuit Starovolzhskogo bridge resembles the outline of chain suspension bridges, light and elegant. Earlier on the bridge adorned with beautifully executed, art casting lights, which are subsequently decorated the Theater Square of the city.

During the occupation of the bridge was blown up by the Nazis - but it was restored just a few months after release. In 1982-1985 gg. It has been a lot of work on the reconstruction of the bridge, but the external shape structures preserved in its present form. Car traffic on the bridge is designed for 2 lanes.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

12 minutes walk from the hotel

White Trinity Church is the oldest building in the city and a monument of history and architecture. In the temple relics of Macarius of Kalyazin.

The church was completed in 1564, but over the next centuries, rebuilt and expanded. Special architectural beauty of the facade of the temple is no different, but inside the room are decorated with frescoes of biblical themes, some of which date back to the XVIII-XIX century. Also in the temple, you can see several ancient icons of the XVI century and the iconostasis of the XVIII century.

There is a legend that a temple is the underground passage, a length of several hundred meters, where previously people were hiding from their enemies.

View on map 

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

2 minutes walk from the hotel

Tver Regional Academic Drama Theatre was founded in 1745 in the Tver theological seminary. It is housed in the building of the Tver Russian diocesan school at Fedorovsky monastery on an island in the mouth of Tmaka almost thirty years was there. Then the theater moved into the building of the national assembly, and then in the complex Gostiny Dvor, which gave performances together graduates of the Moscow School, formed a new troupe.

At the end of XIX beginning of XX century in Tver has several theater companies, but in the end, during the reorganization of 1920-1926 years, they were attached to the theater. The beginning of the war theater was evacuated to the city after the liberation of the Soviet and the main building of the city was destroyed.

The modern building of Regional Academic Drama Theater was built in 1951. It was equipped with a new auditorium with 800 seats. Today, the theater set up a branch of Moscow Art Theatre School, as well as a museum. It stores hundreds of photos, playbills and programmok different times. There are even the earliest watercolors and oil sketches to performances, some models of scenery and theatrical costumes.

View on map

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

2 minute walk from the hotel

Tver City Garden & ndash; it is the main city park, which is located in the city center, right on the picturesque banks of the River Volga. Planting trees in this place began in the late XVIII century. At that time, it completed the construction of the track of the palace, around which began to plant a garden. The main decoration of the Green Zone has become a lime avenue, flanked on all sides by flower beds.

In pre-revolutionary years here liked to rest as the noisy companies and families with children. Leisure activities was equipped with a tennis court. All tracks were laid cobblestone alleys along established a large number of benches. In 1904 the park was installed first fountain, which donated funds to the merchant Ivan Vaganov.

Nowadays, on the territory of City Garden is a children's amusement park, a pop scene and several cafes. There are often a variety of city festivals and events.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

9 minutes walking distance from the hotel

Lenin Square, perhaps, have in any city. That there is such Tver area, although it was known earlier octagonal square, fountains, monumental, it has an area of ​​government offices, judicial and even an area of ​​Truth. It acquired its present name in 1935. It is situated at the intersection of Sovetskaya Street, which is aimed at the south-east to north-west and serves as the main axis of the city, and Trehsvyatskoy street pedestrian street (to the south-west to north-east).

In the area of ​​a regular octagon shape with sides of about 50 meters; long length of approximately 140 square meters and the total area of ​​the whole territory of the & mdash; 11940 square meters; four buildings that are located at the edges of the square form eight corners. Shaped area of ​​the project, PR Nikitin in the 1760s. On Lenin Square ensemble of historic buildings belong to the cultural heritage of the federal facilities.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

7 minutes walk from the hotel

The Cathedral Church of the Ascension in Tver, a member of the Bishops' farmstead, located in the heart of the city. This is one of the most famous temples of the Tver region, now it is Our Lady of Tikhvin icon and "Fat Mountain." The original icons were lost, it novopisannye icons, but no less respected parishioners.

The church was built in 1749-1760 years in the stone. And earlier this place was a wooden church of the Assumption, which in 1747 was burned by fire. In the XVIII century, two of the Tver merchant - IF Tatarintcev and FN Beavers have allocated funds for the redevelopment of the church. It was rebuilt by the architect IF Lviv. The style of architecture of the temple - late classicism.

Like many churches, the church was closed after the revolution in the thirties and has been used as a warehouse. Then the temple given to the museum, and in the seventies he made from the exhibition hall. 1993 - the year of the return of the temple Orthodox Diocese. Now the temple acts.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

2 minutes walk from the hotel

Tver State United Museum was established August 9, 1866. At the grand opening was attended by Alexander Tsarevich and Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich. The museum was created primarily for children, but since its inception United Museum is one of the richest provincial funds antiquities. Its stores are more than 14,000 antiquities, among which about 8000 compose rare scrolls and manuscripts, archives of noble families and early printed books.

The museum expositions include the fauna and flora of the Tver region, Tver, an ancient medieval period and its development during the XVII to XIX century. Separate expositions tell about traditional crafts and industry in the Tver region. Military History Hall talk about the role of residents in the history of the Navy, as well as the events of the December revolution and World War II. The modern period in the museum is linked to the history of space exploration.

View on map

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

6 minutes walk from the hotel

ends the reconstruction

Imperial Travelling Palace in Tver was built back in the 1763-1777 year, its construction was attended by such famous architects as MF Kazakov and PR Nikitin.

The palace is in the Baroque style and was originally intended for the rest of the royal family and entourage on the way from St. Petersburg to Moscow (hence the name).


Built on the site of the palace burned down in 1763 the bishop's house, on the territory of the Tver Kremlin.

Road Palace - is one of the most beautiful architectural monuments of Russia. Disposition of the palace is the "rest": a central body, where there is a two-tone front hall; east and west wing; Two cruciform in the pavilion - the Church of Catherine the Great and iconostasis VL Borovikovsky. Before our time, unfortunately, not been preserved two-story service wing, consisting of one-storey wings and a central part, and the magnificent stables and coach house.

View on map